Dr Helen Webberley and Marianne Oakes explore some of the myths around gender variance by addressing some frequently asked questions received via GenderGP including:
• Can there really be infinite gender identities?
• Can you make someone transgender by supporting them?
• Can you stop being transgender if you don’t want to be?
• Why is it becoming so much more common?
• Is it fair on your family to transition?
• Why can’t you just live as your birth gender?
• Will the feelings lessen with time?
We hope you enjoyed our podcast
If you have been affected by any of the topics discussed and would like to get in touch please drop us a line at doctor@GenderGP.co.uk. You can also contact us on social media where you will find us at @GenderGP on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. We are always happy to accept ideas for future shows, so if there is something in particular you would like us to discuss or a specific guest you would love to hear from, let us know.
Your feedback is really important to us so if you could take a minute or two to leave us an honest review and rating for the podcast it will help others to discover us. Thanks for listening and don’t forget to share!